Dimension Data harnesses the trans-formative power of technology to help organizations achieve great things in the digital era.
Are you looking for a great opportunity to learn, grow and make an impact? We are looking forward to seeing your application for this Advanced Software Engineer fixed term contract role.
The Software Development Engineer will be accountable for designing, developing and testing software, modules or applications for enhancements and new products including cloud-based or internet-related tools.
- Develop applications that effectively accomplish client objectives and user needs.
- Design and write code for applications and maintain applications databases.
- Analyze and edit existing software applications to improve and optimise functionality, fix problems and enable its use on new hardware platforms.
- Remodel and adapt applications as needed to optimize performance.
- Identify specific business needs and preferences related to application.
- Test applications extensively to ensure they are error and bug free.
- Install applications and act as technical advisor.
- Communicate with relevant internal technical stakeholders to obtain information on project limitations, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Consult with business stakeholders in the design phase to determine client needs.
- Produce software documentation following company software process and templates.
- Participates in software product review meetings and team meetings.
- Refactoring code
- Review code written by other developers
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent with related demonstrable experience
- Experience working with geo distributed teams through innovation, bootstrapping, pilot and production phases with multiple stakeholders to the highest levels of quality and performance
- Experience in working with large data sets and ability to apply proper ML/AI algorithms
- Five or more years developing micro-services and RESTful APIs
Knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Strong understanding of cloud architecture and services in multiple public cloud based technologies like AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Office 365
- Seasoned and experienced professional with high proficiency in the following technologies required.
- Strong PhP, C#, ASP.NET, Node.JS, Sails.JS combined experience
- Experience and understanding of other programming and scripting languages.
- Strong knowledge of Frameworks
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Web services / API (REST, JSON, SOAP, XML)
- MS SQL/NoSQL/MySQL/Mongo/MariaDB databases and relevant languages.
- Proficient understand of code versioning tools, such as GitLab, BitBucket.
- Deployment tools such as Jenkins
- Project Management tools like Jira, Projec, Flow.
- Experience with container run time (Docker, LXC/LXD)
- Familiar with SafeAgile practices and believes in test driven development
- Experience with CI/CD concepts and tools
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Possess a can-do attitude and one that takes initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work multi-functionally and work well as a diverse team
Looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for more information