Center for Reproductive Rights
For over 25 years, the Center for Reproductive Rights has used the power of law to advance reproductive rights as fundamental human rights around the world.
Center Background: The Center for Reproductive Rights (the Center) is the global leader in using the power of law to advance reproductive rights as fundamental human rights. Headquartered in New York City, the non-profit, non-partisan organization has regional offices in Bogota, Geneva, Nairobi, and Washington, DC, and a staff of approximately 200 diverse professionals. The Center’s compelling human rights mission and reputation for excellence and cutting-edge legal work has powered its exceptional growth trajectory to an operating budget of over $40 million and won the respect of the world’s leading law firms, as reflected in the additional $29 million annually in donated legal services, representing the work last year of 820 lawyers in 46 countries.
The overarching goal of the Center’s new Strategic Plan sets a high mark for impact: By 2030, half of the world’s population will be living under stronger protections for reproductive rights than they do today. The Center has a track record of success to back up this ambitious goal. Since its founding in 1992, the Center’s game-changing litigation and advocacy, combined with its unparalleled expertise in constitutional, comparative, and international human rights law, have transformed how reproductive rights are understood by courts, governments, and human rights bodies worldwide on issues including maternal health, contraception, abortion, and assisted reproduction. It has won groundbreaking cases before national courts, U.N. Committees, and regional human rights bodies, led the development of historic, proactive legislation advancing robust protections for reproductive rights, and has built the legal capacity of women’s rights advocates in more than 60 countries and counting.
Analyst, Business Technology – The Role
The Business Technology Analyst works proactively with our business stakeholders and technology leaders to improve, enhance, and accelerate user experience with our Office 365 applications suite, including SharePoint, Teams, One Drive, Outlook, and more. The Business Technology Analyst possesses a strong understanding of cloud-based Office 365 applications to inform, guide, plan, and implement improvements, enhancements, and more to accelerate digital adoption. Furthermore, the Business Technology Analyst combines honed research and analysis skills with robust learning and curiosity to align new features and releases with business needs and requirements. Finally, the Business Technology Analyst is a business technology champion fostering collaboration and communication to establish an environment conducive to business technology success.
- Supports requirements gathering, requirements documentation, planning, budgeting, priorities and timelines, and governance for Office 365 activities.
- Supports the maintenance of the Microsoft Office 365 environment
- Works with other functional groups to develop the strategies and guidelines for Office 365 feature implementation to meet the current and future needs of the business.
- Serves as a technology and business enablement advocate to advise and direct the best practice methods in how to utilize Office 365.
- Serves as an advocate for the entire suite of Office 365 and promote its capabilities to provide business solutions.
- Provides regular communications company-wide on upcoming Office 365 features, products, changes, and usage tips.
- Provides expert guidance to management, ensuring the Office 365 solution strategy is optimally aligned with business strategy.
- Facilitates communications and interactions between functional groups, team members, strategic partners, and vendors.
- Ensures overall Office 365 program effectiveness objectives are being meet, and proactively look for opportunities to adjust program practices to ensure program assets (people, tools, etc.) are optimized.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends, concepts, practices, and procedures for effective infrastructure operations.
- Evaluates technologies and services to determine if they could provide value to the organization.
- Ensures projects are completed within budget, scope, and schedule.
Analyst, Business Technology – Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science, Business Management, or a related field
- Solid understanding of Cloud architectures, including Azure with extensive experience as a Business Analyst of Two (2) or more years in leading and managing technology infrastructure, security, or operations in a busy fast paced, deadline drive organization. Experience in a non-profit setting will be added advantage.
- Experience in a non-profit setting will be added advantage.
- Demonstrable ability to gather and document data and information as per requirements /standard operating procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver technology solutions that are aligned to business needs and ability to innovate and create bespoke operational systems as and when required.
- Strong understanding and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 implementations. Experience developing Office 365 project documentation.
- Experience leading technology projects and supporting support documentation.
- Experience developing and delivering training courses and materials.
- Live the values of The Centre for Reproductive Rights. Strong commitment to the Center’s mission, purpose, and values.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, oral and written communication skills, and ability to direct simultaneously multiple priorities Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, oral and written communication skills, and ability to direct simultaneously multiple priorities Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, oral and written communication skills, and ability to Experience working in cross-functional team settings, and contributing to the development and implementation of systems and processes to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills, including the ability to generate respect and trust from colleagues and external contacts
- Solid organizational skills, including the ability to be productive under pressure in a fast-paced team environment, and to tackle urgent and complex problems with a collaborative, creative and strategic approach
- Attention to Detail: Ability to track many moving pieces and manage complex projects (maintaining attention to detail while keeping the big picture in mind
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize competing deadlines, including both short and long-term projects across departments and time zones
- Demonstrate strong individual leadership skills – ability to influence others; team oriented; service oriented.
Analyst, Business Technology – Critical Competencies
- Strategic thinking: Applies big-picture thinking while also focusing on the details of implementation.
- Decisiveness: Consistently makes sound decisions in a timely manner supportive of the Center’s mission, core values, and strategic objectives. Blends vision and judgment.
- Collaboration: Brings a track record of working effectively with various and diverse individuals and groups, and a willingness to actively listen and invite different views and opinions across all levels of the institution to build alignment in support of a common goal.
- Receives and Provides Direct Feedback: Actively gives and requests feedback to and from peers, supervisors and direct reports (if applicable) about work products, behaviors, values, style and approaches with a view on how this impacts self, other individuals and teams.
- Transparency: Consistently applies openness and honesty in communicating decisions and plans to team members.
- Commitment to learn: Applies a growth mentality to their own and their team’s (if applicable) development. Promotes a culture of learning by modeling inquisitiveness and an openness to viewing mistakes as an opportunity to learn and improve.
- Passion for Coaching, and Mentoring Staff: Empowers and motivates employees and creates opportunities for learning, development, and leadership, with a focus on harnessing skills for the future development of team members. (if applicable)
- Accountability: Follows through on each commitment made to individual contributors, teams and partners and proactively informs others of any delays that occur along the way. Holds team members accountable.
- Integrity: Possesses impeccable integrity and personal and professional values that are consistent with the Center’s high standards and mission.
- Empathy: Serves as an empathetic, approachable leader who engenders trust and confidence. (if applicable)
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Demonstrates comfort with ambiguity and calculated risk.
Compensation: The Center offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, as well as a generous benefits and PTO package.
How to Apply: Please complete the application below to apply. A cover letter and resume must be included in your application. Please include these application materials as attachments.
Deadline for applications: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To learn more about our DEI Organizational Commitments, go here. The Center for Reproductive Rights is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring, and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage people from all groups and communities to apply.
Please note that all genuine Center openings must be applied through the Center website. The Center does not charge a fee at any stage in the recruitment process (application, interviews, or selection). Nor does it request any medical examinations or bank account inform as part of this process. If someone contacts you on behalf of the Center requesting payment for your application please notify email@example.com before taking any further action.
Thinking of upgrading your Project Management skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.