Dimension Data harnesses the trans-formative power of technology to help organizations achieve great things in the digital era.
We are looking for an Associate Technical Architect to join our team. If you have the skills and credentials required, please apply now!
The Associate Technical Architect is an entry level position that works with colleagues and under close supervision to learn how to design solutions based on their technical knowledge across one technology domain. The individual in this position works under the guidance of more senior colleagues to complete the overall technical design and build of the less complex elements of the solution to meet a client’s business requirements.
Provides primarily pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex solutions. Uses in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through sales presentations and product demonstrations. Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and may prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer solutions. May create detailed design and implementation specifications for complex /solutions. May build a mini-application based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping or product demo for client. May provide consultation to prospective users or product capability assessment and validation. Report only those incumbents with incentives not tied to product sales.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Learns how to select and apply appropriate design standards, methods and tools, consistent with the agreed enterprise and solution architectures.
- Work under close supervision to understand, implement and offer support for less complex or small-scale system solutions.
- Learns how to develop solution architectures in specific business, infrastructure or functional areas.
- Learns how to define and scope requirements and prioritisation activities for small-scale changes.
- Under close supervision will assist with the design of components using appropriate modelling techniques following agreed architectures, design standards, patterns and methodology.
- Ensure technical solutions accomplish the client’s objectives.
- Assists Solutions Architects and learns how to produce a technical specification for the solution’s development and systems integration requirements.
- Learns how to develop the technical design document to match the solution design specifications.
Knowledge, skills and attributes
- Some or basic product knowledge integrated with technology understanding
- Basic understanding and interest in tech products, business and technology positioning
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Develops the ability to establish and create client relationships
- Willingness to learn and take on challenges
- Continuously maintain knowledge of trends and development in technology domains
- Basic knowledge of the problem domain that their systems are to provide solutions for
Academic qualifications and certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or Information Systems- should have attained second class upper and above Honors
- Relevant vendor and industry certifications, e.g. Cisco, Microsoft, Oracle, AWS
- Software and programming languages, e.g. C++, Java, .NET, NodeJS, Angular
- Basic work experience as a technician or in an entry level technical role is an advantage. However, no experience is required for this role.
Looking to sharpen your Network Security skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for more information