SunCulture develops and commercializes life-changing technologies that solve the biggest daily challenges for the world's 570 million smallholder farmers
About the Role
The Business Intelligence Manager core role is to proactively identify areas for new development or redevelopment of existing reporting, analytics, and data science projects. Your core role is also to work within a complex network of data sources and tools, think strategically about optimal methods for structuring and presenting data to end-users, and put the strategy into action. You are expected to leverage extensive business intelligence experience with knowledge gained of the company to support the business processes and reporting needs of the company.
- Partner with internal teams including finance, HR, operations and sales to design, develop, and deliver robust and scalable reporting automation in PowerBI to gain insights from all systems and enterprise platforms.
- Establish relationships and coordinate with SunCulture’s technical experts in each department to better understand the business and how their needs can be captured on dashboards in order to make better decisions.
- Take ownership over a new data science layer we are building called “Maarifa” by creating models that can be exposed to front-line systems and by exposing it on our API layer.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify business Intelligence needs and work closely with the IT team in developing processes and systems required to execute associated solutions.
- Develop or redevelop reports tailored to various user groups across SunCulture, transforming raw data into actionable insights for various stakeholders within the company.
- Research and analyze business trends, internal and external data & customer behavior data to identify opportunities & propose solutions focused on growing the business.
- Use data to tell the SunCulture story and develop insights about trends in SunCulture’s customer formation.
- Use statistical analysis and/or data-mining tools to analyze performance, identify insightful trends, interpret technical data into meaningful recommendations and build machine learning algorithms.
- Support development of data strategy required to support enterprise initiatives (website and apps, surveys, testing, market research etc.).
- Support the implementation of data infrastructure.
Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics,, Data Science or related quantitative/analytical field.
- At least 2 years relevant working experience in a data science/business intelligence
- Experience with SQL, Databases, ELK, Python, ML models, and Power BI is highly preferred.
- Excellent data analysis skills, including the ability to work with complex data sets while giving exceptional attention to detail/accuracy.
- Highly responsible, dependable, and proactive with a strong work ethic and the ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Deliver through others by the delegation of duties, proper time management, and getting buy in from the team members
- Create, support and maintain a culture of collaboration, accountability, trust, and customer focus across functional areas
- Independent thinkers are able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic research-oriented environment.
- Thrive in resources constrained environments with discretion in using budgetary allocation
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time, prioritize work and work under pressure
Thinking of upgrading your Business Intelligence skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.