AA Kenya is the largest Automobile Association in Kenya with over 35 branch offices in all major towns countrywide.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Information Officer will be responsible for the management, implementation and usability of information and computer technologies. This involves analyzing how our current technologies benefit the Association and improving on it or introducing new ones to keep the association at the cutting edge in line with our vision and strategy.
In other words the successful candidate will be responsible for driving the analysis and reengineering of existing business processes, identifying and developing the capability to use new technology, and reshaping the Association’s IT infrastructure and network access.
The Chief Information Officer will be critical for ensuring the smooth running of the ICT function and aligning business to technology in order to provide operational support.
A. Supporting business Strategy through technology
- Developing and implementing strategies for development of Management Information Technology in line with Associations strategic plan.
- Leading and driving a culture of innovation and creativity in seeking ICT solutions
- Introducing ICT technologies and enhancing the existing ones.
- Advising management on the emerging ICT technologies applicable to the Association.
B. Maintenance and security of information systems
- Planning and conducting a variety of security measures to test the safety of computer
network and systems.
- Monitoring and ensuring proper usage of the ICT systems and facilities.
- Managing and monitoring the organization’s database, network infrastructure and security.
- Coordinating development, implementation and monitoring of computer disaster recovery to minimize on loss of organizational data.
- Planning & coordinating ICT activities such as installation and upgrading of hardware/software computer systems & networks.
C. Enhance internal operations to increase efficiency
- Designing, developing and implementing ICT systems to support various business functions
to increase efficiency.
- Training and supporting both staff and external business partners on business systems.
- Monitoring and ensuring of the proper usage of the ICT systems and facilities.
- Formulating and enforcing policies & procedures to guide and optimize application of ICT in
- Supervising, overseeing and validating the implementation of new systems.
D. Enhance performance management
- Supervising, mentoring, coaching and developing direct reports.
- Directing, monitoring and ensuring departmental performance goals and targets are met.
- Ensuring talented staff are recruited, developed and managed for optimal performance.
- Identifying training needs and implement development plans.
- Manage performance and discipline of the team.
E. Budgeting and Procurement
- Planning, coordinating and monitoring departmental budget.
- Planning, administering and reviewing the acquisition, development, maintenance and use of computer and telecommunications systems.
- Planning and coordinating acquisition of required systems including ERP.
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Systems or Software
Engineering, or related field;
- Proven work experience of five (5) years three (3) of which must be in a senior management.
- Microsoft Certification is an added advantage
- A member of a professional IT body.
- Good awareness of technology trends
- Ability to translate technical terms in ways that non-IT employees can easily understand
- Integrity and professionalism.
- Innovation and creativity.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and organization skills.
- Project management skills.
Looking to sharpen your Project Management skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.