Build software faster. The One DevOps Platform enables your entire organization to collaborate around your code.
Solutions Architects are the trusted advisors to GitLab prospects and clients, showing how the GitLab solutions address client business requirements. Solutions Architects are responsible for driving and managing the technology evaluation and validation stages of the sales process. Solutions Architects are the product advocates for GitLab’s Enterprise Edition. They focus on the technical solution while also understanding the business outcomes the customer is trying to achieve.
The Cloud Partner Solutions Architect helps drive value and change with software development for one of the fastest-growing platforms. By applying solution selling and architecture experience from planning to monitoring, the Solutions Architect supports and enables the successful adoption of the GitLab platform. Solutions Architects work with GitLab’s top enterprise customers. Solutions Architects work collaboratively with Sales, Engineering, Product Management, and Marketing organizations.
This role provides technical guidance and support throughout the entire sales cycle. The Cloud Partner Solution Architect can help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of the GitLab platform with customers by becoming the trusted advisor. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. Proficiency in connecting technology solutions to measurable business value is critical to a Solutions Architect. Candidates should also have demonstrated skills to think strategically about business, products, and technical problems.
To learn more, see the Solutions Architect handbook
- Primarily engaged in a technical consultancy role for Alliance partners and alliance-led customer opportunities.
- Build and deliver technical workshops and demos highlighting the Alliance partners’ technologies as they work with GitLab.
- Assist the sales SA team with customer engagements that involve coordination between alliance partner technologies.
- Enable Alliance partner’s Go-To-Market team (e.g., SA’s, AEs, and Product Marketing) on GitLab’s solution and value.
- Educate the Customer Success team on the Alliance team initiatives on how GitLab / Alliance partner technologies provide value collectively.
- Build deep relationships with senior technical people within partnerships to enable them to be GitLab advocates.
- Author or otherwise contribute to GitLab customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, blogs, diagrams, or the GitLab Handbook.
- Technical background with key partnerships such as GCP, AWS, VMware, and Hashicorp. Certification in AWS/GCP is a plus
- Knowledge of all or most of the following categories in the DevOps space: Consulting, Integration, and or Technical Advisory.
- Ability to break down the Alliance team’s Go-To-Market strategy into technical initiatives and drive them forward.
- Technical presentation and communication skills
- Experience with technical pre-sales or as a professional in the field of information technology
- Knowledge of the end-to-end software development lifecycle
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Experience with modern software development or operations and their associated technologies
- Experience with cloud computing and related technologies and practices
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to use GitLab
Looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started