KCB Group is banking on you to be here for life
The Data Center Network Engineer will administer, coordinate, review, implement and manage KCB Group Data Center Network Infrastructure, to ensure stable operations of the bank’s IT infrastructure.
This includes developing, maintaining, supporting and optimizing key functional areas particularly data center infrastructure that enhance and optimize customer experience and deliver on business needs while retaining secured high network availability, data transmission integrity, and data transmission security across various technology platforms and network services.
- Managing, monitoring and optimizing the Data Center environment – Core Enterprise Network, Core Voice Network, Load Balancers, Perimeter and Data Center Security Infrastructure.
- Lead the migration to new stable state of the art advanced data center technologies or any planned upgrades for data center network infrastructure.
- Monitor all software and hardware products and ensure compliance with Data Center standards and systems.
- Perform troubleshoot on data center, identify issues, and assist in timely resolution of the same.
- Coordinate with various departments and perform integration of critical systems into data center infrastructure and develop strategies to ensure achievement of data center capacity.
- Responsible for deploying and implementing network security controls as outlined by the Information Security, policy, standards, and guidelines.
- Ensures that the logical and physical network is performing as required and works with internal and external service providers to repair and restore service as needed.
- Ensure that Up to date systems configurations and documentations are kept for all data centre network infrastructure.
- Vendors and SLA management for continuous provision of uninterrupted quality service to the Bank.
- Service level Application in relation to Telecom service providers and Equipment supporting network functions.
Data Center Network Engineer – Job Requirements:
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in BSc. Information Technology/ Telecommunications or related field with over 5 years progressive experience in IT environment.
- Professional Qualifications: Certified Network Professional e.g. CCNP
- ITIL, Certified Voice Professional, Certified Security Professional, Certified Network Professional, COTIT, Checkpoint, or any other professional data center network qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Master’s Degree in Science or Business Administration will be an added advantage
- 5 years’ experience in Networking (Routing and Switching);
- 5 years’ experience in Telephony and Voice;
- 5 years’ experience in Network Security;
- 5 years’ experience in SLA Vendor Management;
- 5 years’ experience in Customer Service
Looking to sharpen your Networking skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for more information