Apollo helps farmers in emerging markets maximize their profits.
About the Role:
- Design, implement, and deploy monitoring and alerting tools to measure data quality and availability while reducing downtime. We want to make failures transparent and easy to diagnose
- Help decide the team’s product roadmap by quantitatively determining which projects will have the highest ROI toward system efficiency and stability (e.g. monitoring which well-used queries or pipelines are inefficient and could be optimized)
- Deploy and manage tools that keep our data analysts and engineers extremely productive; you’ll have deep involvement in choosing tools and techniques in our data stack
- Implement and own the production and staging environments to provide isolation between development and production
- Track the biggest risks to our infrastructure and work with our team to mitigate them before they occur
DataOps Engineer – You:
- Have experience in a DataOps/DevOps role
- Have written and deployed code to automate and provide resiliency to production systems
- Run production systems on AWS or an equivalent cloud infrastructure (Google Cloud, Azure)
- Experienced with relational databases and are deeply familiar with their performance considerations (indexing, data locality, etc.)
- Are deeply familiar with the software engineering work/deployment process
- Have excellent written & oral communication skills
- Are driven by the mission of transforming the livelihoods of smallholder farmers
- Are excited to spend time with our customers and learn from them
- Are a collaborative team of smart and ambitious people who are dedicated to serving our customers
- Make magic happen to solve hard problems and always come with solutions when challenges arise
- Are comfortable taking risks that can result in radical scale, and understand that failures are opportunities to learn and improve
- Are considerate listeners and take the time to deeply understand and seek out ideas from the people around us, even when we disagree
- Offer a dynamic environment that fosters talent, collaboration and growth
- Take pride in our work and share the responsibility to see it through from conception to deployment
- Back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package including equity
- Value autonomy, honesty, transparency, and respect
- Are excited to hear from you!
Looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.