The number one online shopping mall in Kenya✦ Shop Tech Week Deals. We deliver countrywide.
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
About Jumia Tech Centers
Want to be part of the biggest tech center in Africa and work in mixed teams with over 16 different nationalities? Join Jumia Kenya Tech Center where tech meets purpose. At Kenya Tech Center you will be managed by and mentored by top tech leaders across Portugal, Egypt and Kenya. You will also be working with state of the art technologies & methodologies, and using agile philosophy, all as means to improve the lives of millions of Africans across the continent by offering them convenient and affordable online solutions. And with that as our PURPOSE, innovation at Jumia NEVER stops and you will be moving from one exciting challenge to the next.
- Be part of an agile team Site Reliability Engineers using state-of-art tech technologies to build and monitor systems, applications and services;
- Work with our development teams to build Continuous Integrations & Delivery pipeline improving the fill delivery pipeline to get faster time to market, lower failure rate of new releases and shorten lead time between fixes;
- Develop tools to automate: product build and delivery, maintenance & operations tasks, quality standards testing;
- Support and influence our product development teams to use the Continuous Delivery infrastructure and Devops Methodology;
- Work with Product Development and Infrastructure Systems to design and implement solutions and resolve issues;
- Help build reliable, high-performance, auto scaled and fault tolerant software throw standards as well as testing, load and stress testing;
DevOps Engineer/Site Reliability Engineer – Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have experience/knowledge in Linux environments;
- Experience/knowledge with configuration management tools;
- Monitor tools;
- Shell and Python scripting;
- Skilled with tools such as Jenkins;
- Experience/Knowledge with CI/CD;
- Experience with or interest in virtual/containers environments (e.g. Docker);
- Knowledge of Devops Methodology;
- Fluent in English;
- Eager to work in team environment and share knowledge;
- Likes problem analysis and solving;
- Enthusiast and an interested in technologies and innovation;
- Solution oriented and proactive attitude, in parallel with “Get Things Done” mindset;
Bonuses (the following skills are not required but will make your profile stand out):
- Knowledge in Kafka, RabbitMQ, Docker, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Prometheus/AlertManager, Grafana, Elasticsearch/Logstash/Kibana, Vault, Consul, Couchbase, Redis, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DNS;
- Networking skills regarding routing and overall troubleshooting using TCPdump analysis;
- Experience provisioning servers and services using AWS, Azure or GCP;
- Familiar with SCRUM methodology;
- We don’t expect you to be expert in all of these, but would like to hear from you on any you might find relevant from your experience;
DevOps Engineer/Site Reliability Engineer – Academic & trades qualifications
- Academic background in IT or equivalent;
- Proficiency in English;
- 1 year of experience;
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
Looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.