Kenya Commercial Bank
We are you
The Endpoint Security Specialist is the Subject Matter Expert in the protection and security of KCB Group enterprise endpoints including servers, user workstations, laptops, mobile devices and other specialized endpoints. He/She will help to design, implement, test and administer endpoint protection solutions for KCB Group. The individual is also responsible for the continued development of Endpoint Security standards, practices, toolsets and roadmap.
Implementation and administration of the Group’s endpoint security solutions such as endpoint detection and response tools, full disk encryption tools and processes in line with the Group’s endpoint protection policies.
- Act as the lead subject matter expert and point of reference to all KCB Group subsidiaries to effectively deploy and manage endpoint detection and response tools on all endpoints including BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) endpoints.
- Define and maintain service level agreements (SLA) and operational level agreements (OLA) for the support of deployed endpoint security solutions across KCB Group.
- Provide technical support in the design and implementation of endpoint security solutions in projects from inception through to successful implementation in a bid to ensure compliance to set endpoint security and protection standards.
- Assess the sufficiency of and recommend improvements to policies, standards and procedures relative to endpoint security and protection best practices.
- Define, create, and deliver periodic compliance reports and relevant protection metrics to Management, as well as resolve identified compliance failures through technology or process-based solutions.
- Actively contribute to the Group’s incident management process by responding to and recovering from detected endpoint security incidents.
- Assist to define & maintain endpoint security baselines & data security standards and provide visibility of adherence to senior management.
- Contribute to Technology security risk and controls self-assessments by leveraging specialized knowledge in endpoint security and protection.
- Conduct research and development on new areas in endpoint security and protection and perform knowledge sharing with Technology Security team across KCB Group.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/ Computer Science/ Telecommunications/ Engineering (Electrical or Electronic) or related field from a recognized university.
- Must possess at least one security certification such as CSX-F (Cyber Security Fundamentals); SSCP (Systems Security Certified Practitioner); CASP (CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner); CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor); CISM (Certified Information Systems Manager); CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional).
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Information Technology; with at least 3 years’ experience in Information Security.
- 2 years’ experience in Endpoint Security Management.
- Good knowledge of Banking Operations.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Excellent problem analysis and attention to detail.
If you are looking to specifically acquire the certifications needed for a job like this, click here for information on how to get started.
Are you or do you know a female developer? Huawei has launched a program to empower female developers. Click here to find out how you can be part of the program.
If you would like to begin your journey towards becoming an experienced coder, click here to learn more