Helping our customers enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale.
At Ericsson, you can be a game changer! Because working here isn’t just a deal. It’s a big deal. This means that you get to leverage our 140+ years of experience and the expertise of more than 95,000 diverse colleagues worldwide. As part of our team, you will help solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that.’ We’ve never had a greater opportunity to inspire change; setting the bar for technology to be inclusive and accessible; empowering an intelligent, sustainable, and connected world.
Are you in?
Our Exciting Opportunity – ICT Program manager/director
We are looking for an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Program Director (PD) who will lead a number of projects in the Digital Services (DGS) domain in Kenya within for a limited period of time towards its goal in terms of scope, time, costs, and quality in accordance with the agreement made with the project sponsor. You will ensure that a contract for products and/or services is delivered to the satisfaction of Customer, Program sponsor and Ericsson. In order to be successful, this role will record details and clarify the project scope, secure the vital resources and plan and supervise all vital activities. Depending on the project category and complexity, you will be active participant in the project governance group and engage Stakeholders.
- Build a solid customer relationship, often being daily present on the customer site.
- Drive up-sales opportunities
- Mentor the team and support their professional growth
- Be responsible for contract fulfillment, establish the program organization, clarify scope and secure vital resources at the right cost level.
- Secure delivery compliance to both contractual and business case requirements
- Drive program execution, securing delivery according to contracted scope and delivery dates
- Actively seek to improve top and bottom lines, managing project finances and by identifying and driving add-on-sales opportunities
- Manage project operational relationships with the customer, arranging meetings, customer events and ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction
- Drive improvement activities related to risk assessments and risk management.
- Work closely with the account team during presales, responsible for contract execution strategy, cost estimations, time & resource planning
To be successful in the role of ICT program manager/director you must have
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- More than 8 years in ICT sector
- Proven experience of several years in project and/or program manager role; or equivalent leadership role
- Experience in OCC (OSS, Telecom Core & Cloud) and knowledge of BSS
- Product Knowledge: IMS, NFVi, UDM, CS & PS Core, Ericsson Orchestration, ENM, Packet Core.
- Certification: PMI© project manager certification (PMP) or equivalent
- Proven problem-solving skills and good in written & spoken communication
- Customer focused and desire understand business and customer needs
- Professional demeanor with solid ability to prioritize, manage time and deliver results
- A standout colleague with high interpersonal skills!
- Project management skills acquired through training, project management experience or other experience of using project management methods.
- Experiences in project management methodologies, techniques and tools.
- Professional competence related to the project type and the nature of the project outcome.
- Experience of working within the Telecom/IS/IT industry.
- Experience working with multi-national global decentralized organizations with the ability to establish good working climate in a virtual environment using phone, mail and collaboration tools as communication vehicles.
- Experience/knowledge in Ericsson Business Process (EBP) IT Process, ITIL, eTOM.
What happens next once you apply?
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact-based decisions are important, and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
To help you prepare for the interview process please visit this link
Tag: MMEAHJ HJ
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Kenya (KE) || || Nairobi || Consulting&SysInt
Req ID: 428315