SOS Children's Villages
We care for children who have lost parental care & families at risk. Working in more than 136 countries and territories to ensure that no child grows up alone
Context of the Organization
ICT for Development Projects Coordinator Environment
SOS Children’s Villages International (SOS CVI) is non-governmental and non-denominational organization working with communities, partners and states to ensure that the rights of all children are fulfilled in every society. SOS CVI is a global federation working to protect and care for children who have lost parental care, or who stand at risk of losing the care. We respect all religions and cultures and work with trusted partners in places where we can contribute to social development. Everything we do is made possible through the generous support of sponsors and donors, institutional and corporate partners, and loyal friends worldwide.
Envisioning that every child belongs to a family and grows up with love, respect and security, we exist to build families for children in need, we help them shape their own futures, and we share in the development of their communities. Everything we do is guided by the firm belief that no child should grow up alone and that we need to improve care for children who are at risk, enabling them to overcome precarious conditions and to succeed in life. To achieve our mission, our strategy for the upcoming decade focuses on ensuring the best care of children, innovation, and effective collaboration with more partners. Our core values guiding who we are and what we do include courage to take action, commitment to keep our promises, trust to believe in each other, and accountability to be reliable Partners.
ICT for Development Projects Coordinator Job Summary
The ICT4D Coordinator provides direct support to the Member Associations on the design and implementation of technology integration in the various programmes interventions though capacity building measures. S/he actively monitor the assigned ICT4D projects implementation status, produce progress reports, and also supports to the production of business cases and its methodology to measure impact/value add of technology in programming. The ICT4D Coordinator supports concept notes/programmes proposals development and marketing/fundraising materials creation to secure ICT4D projects’ funding.
Key Performance Areas and Main Responsibilities:
The ICT for Development Projects Coordinator will do the following:
- Support digital transformation activities across the various programme interventions (Care, Education, Capacity Building, Empowerment, Employment, Gender) to achieve evidence based project impact.
- Ensures the Programmes Development team receive professional and timely support on ICT4D topics and projects.
- Work with the global ICT4D team regarding the strategic directions and alignment of planned/existing ICT4D activities in the region.
ICT4D Programme Planning and Design
- Develop/support the development of evidence based programme proposals/fundraising products for the assigned ICT4D projects and ensure the ICT4D solution/projects design match the programmes goals, budget and sustainability strategy.
- Screens and analyze the emerging ICT4D funding opportunities, and coordinate with the respective PD, FD and ICT teams on applications and funding potentials
- Ensure safeguarding and child protection is constantly reflected in designing digital tools and interventions in the programmes
ICT4D Projects Management
- Apply professional project management mechanisms and tools to ensure successful delivery of the project plans
- Collaborates effectively with the programmes/project team and the respective stakeholders in the IOR, IO and MAs
- Maintain professional and up to date projects activities status reports
- Ensure compliance with funding/donor/grants requirements, including project activities follow-up, financial tracking and reporting timeline
- Follow-up on the projects budget execution and submit the required management reports on budget utilization status and required management decisions
- Develop and rollout evidence based KPIs for collecting project participants’ feedback.
- Develop and roll out tools for project impact analysis and lessons learned collection
- Develop project’s management summary/infographic status reports
- Organize status update/knowledge sharing meetings to foster reflection and learnings times on the project successes and challenges
Communication & Networking
- Develop project’s communication strategy and to ensure the respective internal/external stakeholders are timely informed on the project progress
- Promotion and management of the ICT4D community of practice, and facilitation of interaction and cooperation
- Engage on building and developing effective partnerships with key peer organizations, networks and technology partners in the region for ICT4D tools and projects funding
- Participate actively and contribute in various ICT4D internal networks and external forums and promote knowledge sharing from them.
Knowledge, skills, qualifications, abilities and behavioral competences:
- Degree in Computer Science with a practical experience on implementation of technology in programme areas or degree on Social Science/Development, with advanced knowledge on technology integration in programme development.
- Project Management certification.
- High understanding of programme development and programmes interventions areas.
- Proven experience in introduction, design and implementation of technology tools to improve the programme services and delivery.
- High understanding of software development concept and methodologies.
- Knowledge of ICT4D trends, applications, and technologies.
- Knowledge on emerging technologies and Artificial Intelligence is a plus
- Excellent writing, editing, publication and presentation skills.
- Strong client-service focus; able to work with diverse groups of people in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Solid experience in ICT hardware and software acquisition and management
- Professional communications skills.
- Proven experience on coordination and communication.
- Ability to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience on ICT/ICT4D project coordination/management.
- Track record of implementing and coordinating ICT4D projects
- Track record of reliable and consistent performance.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills. French/Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to do International Travels within the region and outside Africa.
- Ability to virtually work in a multicultural environment and to handle change
- A diverse range of interesting tasks in a leading INGO multicultural working environment
- As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
How to Apply for the position of ICT for Development Projects Coordinator
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position, please send your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three referees.
Applications that are late, or do not have CV or certificates attached, will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“SOS Children’s Villages International holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasise to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes”.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Planning on improving your Project Management skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.