We help vulnerable people in remote and devastated communities survive crises and recover with dignity.
The Information & Communications Technology Specialist will be part of the IT Operations team. In collaboration with others in the team, will provide operational support for Medair’s actual and future infrastructure needs. The role supports the implementation of connectivity and infrastructure projects and ensures that Medair has the most appropriate ICT infrastructure across all country programs to enable our teams to perform their work in the most effective and efficient way within the constraints of the specific contexts.
Global ITS provides Medair with centralized governance, strategy, direction, innovation and support in the use of the information technologies that amplify our people to people strategy. We provide a centralized approach to ensure cost efficiency and integration, including our country programs in the strategic design of our systems, and we deliver services locally where practical to ensure that we meet the day-to-day needs of our GSO and country program colleagues.
The IT Operations team sets the strategic direction for how Medair’s roadmap of security and infrastructure across our country programs, and implements and supports the technologies required to ensure our people to people approach.
Key Activity Areas
ICT Infrastructure Operations
- Provides daily operations of ICT infrastructure with a second level troubleshooting.
- Ensures monitoring, backup and recovery process functionality.
- Provides regular reporting to management.
- Problem Management for infrastructure topics.
ICT Technical Solutions
- Delivery of ICT technical solutions by feasibility study; testing, validating and implementing new solutions.
- Cooperation and supervision of third – party vendors.
- Assessment and implementation of appropriate backup and monitoring solutions while ensuring full visibility and recovery of ICT infrastructure.
- Documenting solutions and storing documentations in shared folders.
End User Support
- Provides first and second level hardware and software support to Country Programs and GSO users.
- Helps research, recommend, implement, and develop solutions supporting end-user requests.
- Prepares and provides internal training to the user of implemented solutions.
- Act as a point of contact in case of end-user questions.
- Management and follow-up of 3rd party vendor questions concerning applications and hardware solutions.
- The holder of this position is required to have an overview of the performance of existing ICT systems and solution and propose changes to improve systems efficiency.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international programmes and GSO prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
Information & Communications Technology Specialist – Qualifications
- IT education supported by practice in ICT infrastructure. Bachelor’s degree in IT or computer science desirable.
- ICT Certifications (OS, Networking, Security, Cloud) desirable.
- Excellent working knowledge of English and French (speaking and writing).
- 3 to 5 years of experience in ICT, experience with NGO desirable.
- 1 to 2 years of experience implementing complex Infrastructure Projects.
- Networking: TCP/IP networking; Routing/switching design; Configuring installations and troubleshooting of routers, switches like Cisco/Meraki. Knowledge of protocols and services DNS, DHCP, VLAN, WAN, NAT, SNMP.
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics of software, hardware, and network problems.
- Operating systems: Windows Servers 2008/2012; Windows 7 and 10 installations and configurations; Windows Server Virtualization and virtual server management such as Hyper-V; Microsoft Active Directory services.
- Cloud services such as IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Office 365, Azure, AWS and Box.
- Applications supporting MS Office 365 and IP Telephony for administration of IP telephony systems.
- Helpdesk: IT end-user support using ticketing systems as Helpdesk function; Software installation and updates on a regular basis; Supporting office equipment printers, beamers scanners and vendor management.
- IT Security: IT Security knowledge; Antispam Filters; Firewalls; DPI; Load balancers; Malware detection; IT security certifications as CISM, CISSP, CEH, and knowledge of IS standards including. ISO27001 and ISO9001.
- Remote worker experienced in working on a daily basis with a remote team.
- Flexible and resilient team player with a positive attitude and excellent communication skills, especially in explaining complex technical concepts to senior management and business users.
- Servant Leadership that like to challenge others and being challenged in return with a can-do attitude.
- Knowledge and experience of change management.
Looking to sharpen your Network Security skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for more information