The leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. We're online 24/7 to serve you!
We are pleased to announce the position of an Infrastructure Operations Systems Engineer in the Digital IT within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Team Lead Infrastructure Operations & Security Remediations, the position holder will be responsible for System support, monitoring and administration of Safaricom Linux/UNIX based servers, NAS/SAN Storage and SAN Directors. This includes general system administration tasks, software and hardware support, system configuration, SAN management, backups, system monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting, skills transfer and customer management. Configuration management and documentation.
- Incidents and problem resolution
- Working in an agile environment and utilizing relevant tools such as Jira & Confluence.
- Administering, configuring and troubleshooting servers based on UNIX/Linux and Virtualization. This includes response, problem resolution and escalation of server issues;
- Administering, configuring and troubleshooting SAN/NAS storage systems and SAN directors. This includes storage LUN provisioning and Zoning.
- Service Excellence
- Analysis of server/storage hardware and operating system software. This includes implementation of tactical service improvements, upgrades and system patching;
- Systems Maintenance and SLA Support
- Liaise with users, hardware and software vendors and internal systems owners to fine tune systems hardware and software for all systems;
- Backup and Recovery
- Operations of backup tools and testing of disk and data recovery;
- Provide solutions on all business systems. Prompt restoration of lost data for the business;
- Backup, hardware and software assurance.
- Projects Implementation and Reporting
- Technical support for assigned company initiatives and projects. Participation in feasibility studies and testing for new IT infrastructure components.
- Maintenance of systems documentation and procedures.
Infrastructure Operations Systems Engineer – Qualifications – External
- Honors Degree in Engineering/Computer Science/Information Technology
- Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- BSc Degree in computer science, IT or engineering.
- 3+ years’ experience in infrastructure support and/or planning in an environment with mixed VMware and Redhat virtualization.
- 3+ Years’ Experience as Systems administrator, Network administrator or analyst in a multifaceted business environment with integrated/mixed windows and major UNIX/Linux server environment
- System Administration Techniques – understanding OS Performance, Microsoft and UNIX/Linux enterprise hardware and storage
- Knowledge in SAN and NAS is desirable.
- Attention to details and analytical thinking
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise Linux Server Operating Systems such as RHEL/ CentOS, Ubuntu.
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal communication and leadership skills
- Certification in any of the following Systems and Network or related trainings is an added advantage
- Cloud Technology Associate
- Cloud Administrator
- Cloud Developer
- Cloud Security & Governance
- Cloud Service Manager
- Certified in Cloud Infrastructure and Services Associate (EMCCIS)
- Cloud Architect,
- Virtualized Infrastructure Specialist
- Network certification e.g. CCNA,CCNP
- UNIX/Linux certification
- VMware certification e.g. VCP
Would you like to learn more about Project Management, CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started