HIAS is seeking a full-time IT Assistant to join our Information Technology team. This is an excellent opportunity for any person looking to launch their career in the field while also contributing to the lives of refugees around the world.
Primary Purpose of Position:
The IT Assistant is responsible for assisting the Director, Information Technology and HIAS staff with a wide and all-encompassing rage of technical matters.
- Coordinate and install PC hardware and peripheral devices. Load specified software packages such as operating systems, word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, database applications, desktop publishing, etc.
- Update documentation to record new equipment installations, new locations, and changes to computer configurations.
- Respond to common inquiries and/or issues from staff. Provide technical assistance as needed.
- Assist in Help Desk functions.
- Oversee Backup Tape operations. Maintain security system.
- Available for emergency outage resolution with flexible hours of work.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Brings commitment and integrity to accomplishing HIAS’ mission and goals in this and other duties as assigned and commits to personal and professional implementation of HIAS’ Core values
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to replace toners in HP printers and other essential.
- Software skills should include Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office 2010.
- Fluency in reading, speaking and writing English required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical journals.
- Must be self-motivated, have strong interpersonal skills, and maintain confidentiality of information and systems.
- Ability to move and/or lift PC Desktop Towers and Monitors.
Bachelors in IT-related degree preferred; will consider candidate for BA/BS
Working knowledge of a variety of hardware and software, including Dell PC’s, and various brand Laptops running on Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Full status to work in the United States and willingness to provide employment verification as required
How to Apply:
The position is full-time, with a starting salary commensurate with experience and comprehensive benefits. Interested applicants should email the following information to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Salary history
Incomplete applications will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please write the job title in the email subject line, no phone calls please.
HIAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all federal, state, and local employment laws.
Looking to sharpen your ICT Administration skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.