Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is global leader in #Testing, #Inspection and #Certification (TIC) services. We are present in more than 140 countries.
Position – IT Support Technician- KENYA
Bureau Veritas is a world leader in laboratory testing, inspection and certification services. Created in 1828, the Group has 78,000 employees located in more than 1,600 offices and laboratories around the globe. Bureau Veritas helps its clients improve their performance by offering services and innovative solutions in order to ensure that their assets, products, infrastructure and processes meet standards and regulations in terms of quality, health and safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
Our employees serve our clients and are inspired by society; they make Bureau Veritas a Business to Business to Society service company that contributes to positively transforming the world we live in.
The IT Support Technician role is to ensure all computer hardware, software, network, and printer related issues are operating and aligned with business objectives, both on-site or via remote connection that involves hardware installation, software upgrades, system integrations, Security compliance manual check and basic IT related problems.
Extensive knowledge of home and office support, good problem-solving skills, analytical and a high-level interpersonal skill to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues fast and effective support to our “customers” experiencing basic hardware, software, and network issues.
- Responding to “customer” support requests.
- Contacting “customers” to find out the nature of the problem.
- Traveling to the “Customer” location or connecting via a remote link.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Installing and maintaining hardware and computer peripherals.
- Installing and upgrading operating systems and computer software.
- Troubleshooting networking and connection issues.
- Providing basic training in computer operation and management.
- Ensure system connectivity of all workstations, shared network drives, group software and other applications.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new applications.
- ITIL foundation Certification preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in computer science advantageous
- Proven work experience as an IT support technician. (2 years)
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware systems and peripherals.
- Knowledge of popular operating systems, software, and remote connection systems.
- Ability to travel and work after hours when necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Working technical knowledge of current software protocols, and Internet standards.
- Knowledge and extensive experience with Microsoft O365 tools.
- Excellent software troubleshooting experience.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Planning on sharpening your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.