Dimension Data East Africa
Dimension Data harnesses the trans-formative power of technology to help organizations achieve great things in the digital era.
Are you looking for the next step in your career, we believe this IT Systems Support Officer is perfect for you! This role will be based at a client site.
As an IT Systems Support Officer, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of an ICT First and Second Level Support, monitoring, and reporting on service requirements. The role entails installing, maintaining, and upgrading internal computer hardware and software systems used for designing and developing company products. The role will be required to propose and implement system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
- Management of incidents, service, and change requests within the defined processes, SLA and KPIs
- Provide end-to-end support for core systems
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining new users’ accounts, profiles, and passwords and developing new software and applications, and modifying the existing software
- Maintaining network security and anti-virus updates and responsible for conducting safety checks on computer equipment, bank network security, Anti-Virus, and Anti-fraud management
- Review updates, test, and implement changes and/or enhancements in compliance with the Change Management Policy
- Identify, propose, and evaluate improvements to systems, functionality, and processes as appropriate
- Analyse, design, program, and develop accurate functionality and reports
- Monitor usage and performance of all core and various sub-systems
Qualifications and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- ITIL Certification
- Certifications in Microsoft systems, UNIX, or Oracle will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Minimum 3 years in an IT service support, systems analyst, or service management role within a large highly digitized organization managing mission-critical systems.
About Dimension Data
At Dimension Data we empower our people to deliver client-centric solutions. We want to see our people make the most of every opportunity, and together we can achieve the extraordinary. Our diverse and inspiring people are experts at what they do and are serious about delivering measurable and sustainable value at every turn.
Are you looking to sharpen your Database Management skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started