The leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya.
We are pleased to announce the M-Pesa Africa – Service Operations Centre Manager position within Technology (M-Pesa Africa) reporting to the Head of Service Operations.
M-Pesa is a pioneering Fintech business and global market leader in mobile money. Starting from 2007 as a convenient means by which the unbanked and underbanked could make digital payments. M-Pesa has now grown to offer over 50 million active customers Financial Services, Enterprise, Merchant and Retail solutions. We are proud of our work in enabling the digital economy in our markets, and in driving Financial Inclusion.
M-Pesa Africa is now making strides to deepen and strengthen its offering to consumers and businesses in our operating countries, making it easier for them to manage their money and get more from their resources.
In the role of M-Pesa Africa – Service Operations Centre Manager, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating the Service Operations Centre (SOC) team. Specifically, you will be tasked with ensuring that the Operations Centre runs efficiently without interruption. You will primarily deal with Users, Customers, Vendors, Engineers and the whole technical team.
Key Role Responsibilities
Lead the Service Operations Centre team
- Direct supervision of SOC team members
- Report on key metrics of availability, incident resolution and service delivery performance
- Manage and document Standards, Policies, and Processes for the SOC based on best practices
- Perform regular process improvement reviews to ensure ongoing optimization
Incident and Event Management
- Responsible for ensuring efficient resolution of incidents through people, processes and technology.
- Ensure correct categorization of calls to reduce SLA breaches and downtime
- Provide timely, accurate, and effective communication on service-impacting events.
- Work with vendors on issue resolution and communications
- Responsible for the process to effectively monitor all services that ensure compliance with Tier model and SLAs
- Responsible for toolsets required to provide event management services
- Ensure maximum exploitation toolsets within the Vodacom catalogue for monitoring
Ad-Hoc Project Management
- Manage projects to upgrade and maintain NOC technologies (SolarWinds, Splunk, etc).
- Assist with various service-related projects as requested.
Apply if you have:
- Degree Qualification – Preferably STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 3+ years of team or project management experience
- Experience with monitoring technologies including Splunk, and SolarWinds.
- Monitoring or troubleshooting experience for business-critical and revenue-generating platforms
- System administration and troubleshooting of Linux, Unix and Windows
- Experience implementing and maintaining monitoring policies and best practices
- Demonstrated ability in industry-standard process frameworks (ITIL / Six Sigma).
- Prior experience working with Site 24×7 and AlertSite
What you can expect from us:
- We believe in a fair and robust interview process
- We have a robust flexible total reward scheme
- Dedicated support and mentoring/coaching
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life integration. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career and achieve your full potential.
Are you looking to sharpen your Project Management skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started