Dimension Data East Africa
Dimension Data harnesses the trans-formative power of technology to help organizations achieve great things in the digital era.
Would you like to be part of a highly motivated team that is constantly striving for excellence and delivering on time? Do you have a passion for technology and enjoy working with people who are passionate about IT? If so, we are looking for a Network Support Engineer on a fixed-term contract based at a client site.
The Network Support engineer receives, records/documents client interactions (through calls, emails, chats and on-site visits) into the ticket management system; troubleshoots leading to issue isolation; resolves technical issues in a timely manner; ensures client expectations are properly managed and provide reports on configurations done while observing both proprietary and industry best practices.
Works closely with the Head of Network support to help understand, isolate and resolve problems and where needed develop solutions and escalate un-resolvable issues to the Senior technical support engineer or Team Leader for further investigation and resolution.
The NSE has an operational perspective and detailed product knowledge.
- Receives support queries through available interaction channels, diagnoses, identifies, isolates and resolves issues that could be associated with WAN/LAN solution functionally such as network connectivity, application errors, database or data errors, message flow, firmware, software application errors and server performance
- Through defined periodic reviews, follow-ups and updates of the tickets within the client management system for assigned cases to ensure resolution within SLA
- Provides qualitative unique, proprietary solutions and solutions support for all customer queries /complaints and meets aimed at achieving the defined quality assurance standards
- Works with internal/external networks & system engineering teams, senior support engineers and team leaders to identify and isolate root causes and support the implementation of solutions that have not been solved
- The NSE’s also validates the fix for customer problems. Typically working closely with different systems and service provider teams to apply the patch/upgrade or support change of systems or development of servers and network devices to achieve customer satisfaction
- Provides detailed incident/issue reports, recommendations or any other feedback to internal and external clients on handled cases in a defined neat and timely manner
- Is required to achieve agreed-upon individual Key Performance Indicators &Service Level Agreements aimed at supporting the Team Leader and Senior engineers in the team to achieve agreed-upon global KPIs and quality standards to maximize customer satisfaction and revenue retention and growth
- Identify, pursue or recommend avenues for potential business or revenue generation in the course of customer interaction
- Degree/Higher Diploma / Diploma in Information Technology or Information Systems or Computer Sciences or Business Information Technology or Business Information Systems, Telecommunication engineering or related discipline
- Practical knowledge in networking and networked environment
- Practical knowledge and skill in routing and switching
- Practical knowledge of Wide Area Networks
- One must have an intermediary IT background and must be currently in the IT industry
- CCNA’s practical knowledge of its application and certification is an advantage.
- 1- 2 years’ Work experience in a similar field.
About Dimension Data
At Dimension Data we empower our people to deliver client-centric solutions. We want to see our people make the most of every opportunity, and together we can achieve the extraordinary. Our diverse and inspiring people are experts at what they do and are serious about delivering measurable and sustainable value at every turn.
Are you looking to sharpen your Network Security skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started