A leading provider of ICT Solutions, IT Training & BPO services to Government, NGOs and Private sector worldwide.
We are currently looking to hire an Open Source Software Developer to help us advance open-source software on the platform. In this role, you will be responsible to port open-source code, and upstream patches, enabling CI/CD, a wide range of open-source software including databases, programming languages, as well as the most modern cloud enablement software. In addition, we work with the open-source community and vendors to advance open-source software on Linux and showcase the advantage of using open-source on LinuxONE to clients and other stakeholders.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
For the Open Source Software Developer position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- At least 4 years of experience developing in 3G programming languages (C/C++/JAVA etc.)
- At least 1 year working on porting assignments/projects
- 1-year experience with databases (developing, optimizing, scaling)
- Solid understanding of Linux
- Solid grasp of computer architecture (x86, System Z or POWER instruction set)
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems
- Experience in developing technical solutions for clients
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate across teams and with clients
- Self-motivated and have an aptitude to learn and apply knowledge quickly
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Systems Z software and hardware background/experience
- Experience in Open Source community development processes and tools
Looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started