Dimension Data East Africa
Dimension Data harnesses the trans-formative power of technology to help organizations achieve great things in the digital era.
Do you want to be part of a global team, working alongside world-class engineers? We are looking forward to seeing your application!
As a PC LAN Engineer, you’ll be responsible for support to Desktop Operations within the client’s environment. This is the first point of contact for all the users within the Client organization. This is a fixed-term contract role based at the client site.
- Configuring computer operating systems and applications
- Assisting clients through a series of actions, either through walk-ins, remote access, telephone or physical visit
- Troubleshooting Level 1 faults and solving hardware/software faults and replacing parts as required
- Supporting the roll-out of new Operating Systems, Applications, Patches, Upgrades etc and setting up new users’ accounts and profiles
- Responding to client’s cases within agreed SLA time limits
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties e.g. Level 2-3 Support teams,) while prioritizing and managing open cases one at a time to ensure SLAs are met
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with user’s customers and other professionals e.g., software developers to facilitate solution finding, and testing of new hardware, software and devices
- Carry out Preventive Maintenance on Desktops and laptops as per the schedule
- Participate in Disaster Recovery Exercises as and when required
- Handles closure of Tickets, Service Requests and Changes within the timeframe allocated.
- Support New Systems Initiatives as and when they are rolled out
- Remedy Change and RMS Administration
- Provides qualitative solutions for all Systems queries /complaints aimed at achieving the defined SCB Quality Assurance Standards
- Provides detailed hardware issues reports, recommendations or any other feedback to the Team Leader or Head of Technology Support Services
- Achieve agreed-upon individual Key Performance Indicators
PC LAN Engineer – Qualifications
- Degree/Higher Diploma / Diploma in Information Technology or Information Systems or Computer Sciences or Business Information Technology or Business Information Systems, Telecommunication engineering or related discipline
- Demonstrable knowledge of Desktop User Support
- Microsoft Certified Professional certification is desirable
- CCNA practical knowledge of its application
- Excellent Communication skills and reporting skills
- Ability to under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines in a high-paced environment with minimal supervision
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Having worked in a multicultural environment would be an added advantage
- 2 years of Work experience in a similar field
About Dimension Data
At Dimension Data we empower our people to deliver client-centric solutions. We want to see our people make the most of every opportunity, and together we can achieve the extraordinary. Our diverse and inspiring people are experts at what they do and are serious about delivering measurable and sustainable value at every turn.
Are you looking to sharpen your Network Security skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started