We're a tech-driven, #sustainable #forestry company on a mission to revolutionize the wood industry in #Africa with our disruptive #farmer platform
About The Role
As a Product Manager, you will work closely with the Director of Engineering to take ownership of Komaza’s technology platforms and directly collaborate with engineers and devs to ensure the timely delivery of products. You’ll interact with the technology team’s many stakeholders to deeply understand their priorities and help translate these into intelligent, user-centric products. Finally, as a senior member of the technology team, you will play an instrumental role in shaping both the practices and culture of the group to help create a world-class technology team.
What You Will Do
- Manage diverse teams of developers and engineers to lead the development, deployment, and maintenance of operations-facing software products.
- Work with stakeholders across the business value chain from Nursery to Wood Production to translate their needs into actionable deliverables.
- Collaborate with the Director of Engineering to develop product roadmaps for Kwingu – our centrepiece forestry platform – and other key products Provide thought leadership and guidance in developing best practices across the engineering team through processes, platforms, and people.
- Engage with Data Science to obtain operational insights and implement findings to improve the user experience and product quality Lead the efforts in the system and product design from initial conceptualization through to the creation of user stories.
- Create, design, and implement KPIs to determine product success and provide guidance on prioritization.
Product Manager – What You Have
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Computer Science, or another technical field
- Strong project management skills including the ability to translate user requirements into actionable user stories and experience coordinating remote teams
- Proven experience in delivering complex, mobile, and/or web-based software at scale
- 2+ years of product management experience
- 1+ years of experience with Agile frameworks such as scrum or kanban
- Proficient in the use of Jira/Confluence or equivalent software development management tools Basic SQL proficiency Experience working at an AgTech, forestry, or logistics company is a plus
- Familiarity with analysis platforms such as Tableau or Databricks is a plus
- Motivated and enthusiastic; excited to work at a company that acts and feels a lot like a startup (dynamic, unstructured, and frequently changing)
- Curious, collaborative, creative, and seek out feedback in the pursuit of continuous improvement
- Willing to solicit opinions of other teammates and departments in the development of creative and sustainable systems
About The Team
With plans to grow into the largest forestry company on the continent, Technology Development is central to the operations and strategy at Komaza. We are building a powerful technology platform that uses farmer, tree, and mapping data to plant more trees faster, with more farmers, to better outcomes. In this year’s alpha launch, our new mobile app increased the Komaza farmer base by 50%, and we expect to double again next year. As a small development team, we operate like a startup. We’re growing the team to build the future of tech at Komaza, and the future of fractional forestry.