Teach For All
Teach For All | A Global Network. Developing collective leadership to ensure all children can fulfill their potential.
The Network Learning function advances knowledge and learning in the global network to make progress toward our 25-year vision. We do this by learning alongside communities in our global network, by creating virtual learning experiences, developing leadership, enabling peer connections and providing resources.
As a Product Manager – Network Learning, you will work closely with developers and internal stakeholders to develop the roadmap for two products critical for our global network’s learning and connectivity.
You will be guided by user needs and the global network’s shared intended outcomes to design and develop solutions that spread insights across our network and beyond and foster connectivity amongst our network teachers and alumni. We are looking for a product manager who will play a significant role in building our approach to connecting teachers and alumni from across the network and spreading insights within and beyond our network. You will report directly to the Director, Platform Product Management & Network Knowledge Management.
You will be responsible for defining and managing the development and deployment of new features, coordinating with both internal and external stakeholders with varying levels of software knowledge. The right candidate for this role should be highly capable, able to organize both ideas and people and excel at problem-solving of many kinds.
Own the product vision and roadmap for the Network Teachers & Alumni website and the Resources & Insights hub, including:
- Working alongside content and initiative owners to prioritize and articulate technical requirements and sequencing
- Developing strategies to increase engagement
- Identifying and owning key north star metrics
- Working closely with technical partners to build solutions and find the balance between accessibility and feasibility
- Work closely with the Director, Platform Product Management to ensure an aligned approach to products across constituents and knowledge management across platforms
Education & Experience
Minimum of 5 years of work experience; at least 3 years of relevant work experience in a product role
- Experience in tech-for-good startups is a plus
- A personal belief in the mission of Teach For All
- Prior experience as a participant or staff member with one of Teach For All’s network partner organizations is preferred
Product Manager – Network Learning – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
You demonstrate distinctive strengths in many of the qualifications below and can provide an honest self-assessment of where you would need to further grow to fully live into the role:
- Ability to create and execute a strategic vision, regularly and thoughtfully reflect on progress, and adapt and prioritize/ re-prioritize according to this reflection
- Highly collaborative. You work with a diverse set of stakeholders to create alignment around product vision and prioritization.
- Willingness and excitement to dig into all aspects of the work: debug user issues, QA the application, enter content, and anything needed for the product to be successful!
- Results-oriented with high levels of independence and efficiency. You can look at problems and create solutions from high-level goals to ground-level execution.
- Effective at working side by side with developers
- Experience using data and metrics to guide product decisions, coupled with an ability to make good bets when the data is inconclusive.
- Ability to write with great simplicity and clarity, both for technical and non-technical audiences. This includes producing feature requirement specifications, product documentation and training
- User-focused and intent on understanding our users’ needs. Empathetic, curious, and geared toward asking questions before offering solutions
- Sensitivity to diversity in backgrounds and beliefs (e.g., racial, cultural, socioeconomic, political, etc.)
- Poise, confidence, and maturity in interacting with key stakeholders
- Comfortable working remotely
- Must be values-driven, self-motivated, and critically thinking with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Committed to Teach For All’s purpose, vision and core values
Looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started