We provide simple, affordable health & life insurance to emerging market consumers. Our mission is to free people from the fear of financial shocks
Turaco is a fast-growing financial services start-up in East Africa that is bringing a new model to health and risk financing for emerging customers. Turaco offers subscription-based insurance products for the mass market bundled with regular transactions that people are already doing. Turaco works through business partnerships to offer affordable insurance products that add real value to people’s lives. At Turaco we value simplicity, communication, and transparency and strive to transform the way insurance works. When it comes to claims, our goal is to pay out and fast.
Product Manager – Your mission
The Product Manager will play a critical role in helping us build our technology and improve internal tech processes and better serve our customers and partners. The role sits within our “Service Center” team, supporting the operations and growth of multiple country offices. The Product Manager will work with Engineering, insurance operations, call center operations, partnerships management, and business development teams to understand the changing needs of the business, gather requirements, implement solutions, communicate project statuses and make proposals.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating technology requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Lead backlog clean-up if any, features triage and prioritization sessions.
- Cross-functional coordination; you will link the tech team to other functions and will coordinate product requests.
- Writing user stories, converting user feedback into feature development scopes.
- Quality assurance testing on new and updated features.
- Analyze and investigate product complaints or reported quality issues, incorporate such issues to tech roadmaps and ensure ticket closure.
- Train different types of users of our tech on new features and the built systems in general.
- Run beta tests and pilot programs with new features.
- Analyze user needs, current market trends, and potential partnerships taking into consideration ROI and build vs. buy perspectives.
- Staying up to date on the latest process and tech advancements, especially on process automation and modernizing systems.
Product Manager – Key Qualifications & Your Profile:
- Live Turaco’s values – care and protect our customers, do the right thing, and have fun!
- Bachelor/Undergraduate degree with excellent grades
- 3+ years of professional experience in a dynamic product management role. Start-up experience is a plus.
- Technology Quality Assurance background
- Coding skills are a plus
- Proven experience overseeing all elements of the product development lifecycle
- Knowledge of quality assurance terminology, methods, and tools
- Experience in performing quality assurance and testing on software
- Highly effective cross-functional player and an excellent team-player
- Strong and clear communication skills.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, juggle multiple tasks, think independently, demonstrate sound judgment, and problem solve.
Total Compensation & Benefits
Turaco offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience. We combine pay with a mix of useful employment benefits like stock option plans and healthcare and a company culture that allows you to enjoy your work while making meaningful connections.
Looking to upgrade your coding skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started.