Credrails is building open finance rails for Africa's digital economy by connecting various data sources into a single API.
About the Role
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality, for both our public APIs and consumer-facing products.
QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open-source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of Rest APIs and testing tools such as Selenium, Cypress, JMeter, etc.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
Credrails is building the open banking rails for Africa connecting bank, mobile money, and offline data into a single API and using this data to build a variety of use cases such as lending analytics and reconciliation.
We are the rails on which the next billion-dollar businesses on the continent will be built and we are looking for the best people to join us in this mission.
We have received funding from some of the world’s most prolific investors such as Softbank and our founders have worked at some of the most successful startups in the world.
Looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started