Transforming access to essential goods and services across Africa.
Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Cote d’Ivoire, Senegal, Zambia and Rwanda use Wasoko’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Position: Quality Assurance Engineer
We are searching for a stellar Quality Assurance Engineer to join our technology team. The QA Engineer will be responsible for conducting tests before feature launches to ensure our software runs smoothly and meets user needs. The ideal candidate will have an engineering background with meticulous attention to detail in identifying any software quality issue.
Locations: India or Nairobi, Kenya
The successful candidate will possess:
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-driven ability to work independently
- Strong communications to explain system workflows in basic terms to various types of users
- Experience using software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Previous IT experience with system configuration or testing
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Proven work experience in software development
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Designing detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases that meet the various system user needs
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning, and coordinating quality testing activities
- Capturing new feature requirements in a detailed and comprehensive manner
- Identify, record, document thoroughly all system bugs by creating proper steps to reproduce (STRs) to then be shared with the dev team
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved to ensure the overall system is stable
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate and ensure all bugs can be reproduced with proper STRs prior to engaging the dev team
- Time management and self-organization
Looking to sharpen your Project Management skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started