Send money to Africa, Asia and the Americas with love
Your key area of focus
To achieve our mission, we need to make sure our app is easy to use — for every interaction, from signup to sending, to editing info, to resetting passwords. The Senior iOS Engineer will work closely with our Product team to fix highly impactful user problems, and A/B test interface changes — to make the experience even smoother and quicker. You’ll eventually become one of the primary code owners of our iOS app. You’ll also become a go-to person when another team member needs help with a difficult iOS problem. Beyond iOS you’ll be working across client and server, looking at the broader picture, providing end-to-end solutions.
In your first few months, you’ll…
- Advise other engineers on iOS development questions and challenges.
- Assist with prioritizing efforts to refactor existing code to use modern best practices.
- Supervise and oversee technical aspects of development projects.
- Work with other teams within Sendwave to solve business problems.
- Streamline in-app signup and verification flows.
- Set up A/B tests to measure the impact of your work.
- Help us build a top-tier referral program, to help users share their love of Sendwave with their friends.
What you bring to the table…
- 5 – 7 years professional experience as a full stack or mobile engineer.
- Significant experience working with iOS. You don’t need to have every detail of the iOS environment memorised — but should have a strong foundation, so you can figure out those details when needed.
- Familiarity with both Objective C and Swift.
- Work authorization for the country where your role is based.
Bonus points if you
- Have previously worked on a growth team.
- Care about users, and want to give them an improved, simpler experience.
- Are more of a “get it done” than a “perfectionist” type person — you value getting features into the hands of our users.
- Aren’t afraid to throw away code you wrote – because after testing, a flow you built doesn’t work as well as a different one.
- Easily communicate with non-technical team members, and can translate their feedback into code.
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- Adjust quickly and effectively to shifting priorities, conditions, complexity and change.
- Have hands-on experience with Python or Android.
The benefits and perks you’ll enjoy…
- Convenient, remote working. Sendwave is 100% remote.
- Subsidized health insurance and pension contribution-matching (both vary from country-to-country)
- 26 weeks fully paid parental leave, and subsidized fertility assistance
- Unlimited vacation with a 20-day minimum requirement
- Upto $10,000 annual charitable donation-matching
- Significant equity
And best of all:
- Our team of over 400 employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world.
- We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
- We recently joined forces with WorldRemit, another remittance company. We’re excited about the ways we can collaborate and continue to provide the best service to our users.
Looking to sharpen your Software Developer skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for more information