The Senior Security Solutions Architect primary responsibility will be to interpret business requirements into a technical security solutions framework and to provide technology roadmaps governed by strategic direction, business requirements as well as resourcing and financial constraints. He/ she will specify and design more complex solutions based on their technical expertise across multiple security domains.
The Senior Security Solutions Architect’s security solution are optimally implemented to meet desire objectives as well as supervise the team function to archive team deliverables
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Design security solution for delivery
- Coordinate the team deliverables
- Design and document hybrid security solution for the now and future
- Evaluate opportunity for alignment with our vendor’s capabilities and business policy
- Prepare the executive summary that outlines all of the information gathered from various business and technical team in regards to their needs as we understand them
- Document the proposed technology solution
- Document the statement of work along with all labour requirements
- Perform the actual solution design and prepare a parts list outlining equipment to be provided.
- Develop and manage a proof-of-concept as such may be required
- Engage all technical resources required for an accurate solution design
- Document all deliverables and what constitutes a successful completion
- Evaluates analytically and systematically problems of workflows, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action.
- Create and Assist in creation of planned maturation of technical capabilities aligned to Agency strategic goals
- Designs and implements solutions’ infrastructure, configuration, prototypes and production deployment and handoff
- Participate in the creation of technical demos, briefings, and oral presentations materials
- Technical thought leadership and SME value to client interactions
- Provide architecture, engineering, and implementation support for solutions to include vulnerability scanning and assessment products, continuous monitoring products, tools and activities, and risk assessment and reporting products and capabilities
- Integrate existing security products with new hardware and software introduced to managed systems and services within the environment
- Provide security reviews for the acquisition, installation, fielding, training, and operation of various products to include hardware, software, and licenses
- Understand information security trends
- Document and communicate security solution roadmap to Head of department and the business
Knowledge and Experience
- A Degree or its equivalent in Information Technology, Network Security, Enterprise Network Management, Information Security, Management Information System Computing, Engineering or similar area of study
- Relevant industry certifications in information security program and governance as well as PMP will be an added advantage
- Minimum of Eight (3) years of computer information technology experience.
- Minimum of Four (5) years of experience engineering and designing IT security solutions
- Minimum of 1 year working as a business analyst in technical security and IT
- Good understanding all the information security domains
- Experience of identifying and managing technology security risk
- Certification like CISSP, CISA, CCISO, SABSA will be of advantage
Key Critical Competencies
- Ability to know when to implement solutions with consideration to the wider impacts i.e. risk, cost, customer impact, timescales, etc.
- Excellent negotiation, and written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to handle high pressure situations with key stakeholders
- Good Analytical skills, Problem solving and Interpersonal skills
- Deep knowledge of enterprise application development security controls
- Good knowledge of Telco convergence business, FinTech network traffic consumption and OpenAPI
Looking to sharpen your Software Engineering skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for more information