Empowering informal retailers across Africa
The Software Developer Engineers in Test will design, develop and implement test frameworks and test programs for design, verification and production testing. This will include writing test software to attain full test automation. The person will maintain, support and develop all production test procedures.
Software Developer Engineers in Test – Key Responsibilities:
- Team Collaboration: Refer to Swagger, product, technical docs and developers’ code when developing API test automation suites. Contribute to technical discussions about systems features, functions, and components necessary to continue the build-out of foundational elements to facilitate data exchange and interoperability. Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to identify automation areas to improve the quality of the product.
- Product Testing: Responsible for identifying and fixing all the failing tests in the API tests that run in the pipeline – allowing developers to merge code in a timely manner. Execute all levels of testing (API, System, Integration, Performance and Regression). Test complex API, web and mobile-based applications that reference database back-end systems and provide timely solutions;
- Value-Added Feedback: Design, develop, maintain, and troubleshoot automated suites of tests through continuous integration for value-added feedback.
- Performance Testing: Design, develop and maintain performance tests to identify applications’ breaking points.
- Quality Control: Detect, track and fix software defects and inconsistencies. Apply quality engineering principles throughout the Agile product lifecycle. Responsible for decreasing the testing time and increasing coverage and quality to have zero major bugs in production.
- Test Automation: Automate E2E Testing using tools such as – https://k6.io/
- Regression Testing: Responsible for automated regression testing for all exposed APIs and for all backend system APIs to be used for upgrades.
- Release Management: Responsible for the release of microservices – this includes ensuring various test types are executed before release.
- Any other duties within the technology team as assigned by the Staff QA Engineer.
Minimum Requirements and Key Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, information systems or related technology field;
- At least +2 years of experience in building or working with test frameworks using Java/Groovy/Kotlin;
- Excellent ability to communicate and collaborate with various team members across the organisation;
- Some exposure to working in an Agile development environment: Scrum/Kanban;
- Experience with Jenkins or GCP Cloud Build or any similar CI-CD tool;
- Experience working with version control platforms such as: Perforce, GitLab or Github;
- Exposure to BDD testing paradigms and any of the following BDD frameworks: Gherkin, Cucumber, Spock or JBehave;
- Experience in front-end automation tools such as Selenium, Appium, Espresso.
Would you like to learn more about Software Development, CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started