We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges.
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Software Developer – Palladium – Project Overview and Role:
Funded under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through a cooperative agreement with the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Palladium Development and Consultancy Kenya Ltd (Palladium Kenya) anticipates 5-year funding to support the Kenya Ministry of Health, county governments and healthcare service delivery partners to implement technological innovations in health information systems.
These innovations include the scale up of electronic medical records systems (EMRs) for clinical decision support and improved patient care, the enhancement of the Kenya National Data Warehouse (NDW), a centralized data repository of data from EMRs for analysis and reporting, the development of an interoperability layer to support the exchange of data across systems, the enhancement of mHealth solutions and numerous other innovations including patient identification and informatics solutions to support health surveillance.
Software Developer – Palladium – Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop software application using opensource tools and platforms based on user requirements and needs.
- Produce clean, maintainable, and efficient code based on specifications.
- Work closely with UI/UX designers to develop and implement highly responsive user interfaces.
- Build reusable complex components and libraries for the Data warehouse applications.
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve existing software
- Optimize and monitor software for maximum performance, responsiveness, and scalability.
- Participate in developing and designing effective APIs for the Data warehouse ecosystem.
- Working on troubleshooting and debugging and software application code.
- Perform duties and tasks as assigned by Infrastructure and Sustainability lead
Software Developer – Palladium – Required Qualifications:
- BSc in Computer Science or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in web application design, development, and implementation.
- Familiarity with databases (e.g., MySQL, Postgres, MSSQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g Apache, NGINX, IIS)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (e.g., Git / Mercurial / SVN)
- Experience in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) technologies to manage and execute code
- Fluency in English language.
Looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started