Rescue is a first response dispatcher and aggregator that gets you the best and closest help anywhere anytime.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to help design, build, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding operational, dispatch, and data sharing systems. You will be part of a talented team of dispatchers, operations managers and engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical services and systems and ensuring the highest levels of usability, accuracy, performance and security. Qualified systems engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis. Alternatively, we’re open to people with a strong product design background and advanced technical proficiency needed to design, test and implement systems, software, hardware and protocols.
Systems Engineer – Responsibilities
- Review software and hardware systems, data management, and operational processes to evaluate and design systems for accuracy, usability and efficiency in critical operations
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software, hardware, and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with ops team and developers to implement needed software, software fixes, or processes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Integrate software and hardware systems where needed to reduce human data entry or opportunities for human error
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Document system protocols and train team members on systems and processes
- Work with external or internal resources to deploy new software/hardware solutions like CRM integrations, data dashboards, or secure data management systems; liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Manage and monitor all installed software/hardware systems
Systems Engineer – Requirements
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Product design or leadership, or a related subject
- Proven experience and thorough understanding of all stages of system lifecycle: design, support, implementation
- Proven working experience working with growing companies to design/implement bespoke solutions to improve efficiency, security, or usability in operations
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Proven working experience with systems/workflow analysis and systems design
- Proven working experience with automations, system integrations and implementation
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Must enjoy working with a variety people and projects
- Must enjoy researching the scope and details of a given problem, and taking on responsibilities within the wide range of challenges and initiatives involved in effective system design and deployment, uptake/user buy-in, maintenance and continuous improvement
Preferred experiences to make you stand out
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX/Linux based environments
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX)
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in AWS
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef)
To apply for the position
Please submit a one-page resume in PDF format. Any applications with resumes longer than one page WILL AUTOMATICALLY NOT PASS OUR SELECTION CRITERIA. To do this, please only highlight your most relevant experiences and achievements, and only include information that you believe is important for us to consider when filling this role.
Lean and Agile team of highly-skilled and experienced global tech talent.
Mission-driven team & work; chance to work on innovative, live and action-packed lifesaving platform.
Health insurance, and of course Flare’s rescue.co cover: ambulance and roadside assistance for you and your family.
Short / long term disability + life insurance.
Delicious daily breakfast and lunch.
Flexible holiday policy.
Fun and flexible work environment.
Would you like to learn more about Software Development, CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for information on how to get started