Open Capital Advisors
Open Capital is a management consulting and financial advisory firm that drives growth, enables investment, and builds markets across Africa
This is a full-time role based in Nairobi, which entails working with our Systems and Business Processes manager in supporting the teams across our offices. The key roles and responsibilities for the Technology Associate include but are not limited to:
Solutions Development & Support
- Building internal software solutions using available tools to address problems in existing systems and processes
- Introducing and implementing systems innovations for seamless operations.
- Supporting and supervising the work of external developers and solutions providers.
- Analyzing, troubleshooting, diagnosing and providing solutions to computer hardware and software problems.
- Ensuring all OCA’s IT assets are set-up, deployed, maintained, upgraded, accounted for and disposed according to the set policies.
- Proactively updating, maintaining and monitoring all aspects of IT Assets.
Business Process Improvement
- Working closely with various business teams to understand existing business processes, and to propose and implement improvements where necessary.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of a catalogue of business process improvement initiatives.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of business process documentation.
Data Management & Analytics
- Building data solutions that can be used to enable and support business decisions. This will involve creation of data extraction and analytics workflows, as well as dashboards for consumption by various internal business teams.
- Support in writing and optimizing SQL statements for data analysis.
- Maintaining security of internal OCA data and integrity.
Internal Technology Research
- Conducting internal technology research and recommending the best technology solutions to enhance OCA business operations.
- Analyzing IT requirements, conducting research and providing objective advice on the use of IT security requirements to better support OCA processes.
Technology Associate – Skills and experience
- At least 2 years of work experience in technology solutions development or similar role
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related course.
- Certification/Experience in Information Security will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of relational databases, and experience in working with at least one.
- Good understanding of Google workspace tools i.e DataStudio, AppScripts etc
- Ability to identify problems in systems and processes and offering solutions that respond to those needs.
- Ability to work with business teams, understanding business problems and developing requirements and solution documents
- A strong problem solver interested in discovering new ideas and new ways of doing things using technology
- Ability to drive internal research on new and existing technology within the business.
- A strong team player able to work with cross-functional teams to understand problems and offer suitable solutions.
- Strong ability and willingness to help your team succeed by sharing knowledge and mentoring your colleagues.
- Ability to maintain strong attention to detail.
- Excellent command in written and spoken English
- Right to work in Kenya
Looking to sharpen your Software Development skills to stay relevant in the market? CLICK HERE to have a look at the top schools.
For all your IT certification needs, please, click here for more information